Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a powerful model for understanding genetic regulation in eukaryotic cells. Thermo Scientific yeast resources include multiple collections for interrogating the yeast genome, including Tagged ORFs, Kockout Strains, Protein-Protein Interaction Collections and Mutant Strains and Screening Collections.
- The Yeast ORF collection consists of Gateway-adapted yeast ORFs cloned into expression plasmids. ORFs can be expressed as fusion proteins or moved to other vectors.
- The Yeast Kinase YFP Fusion collection contains a number of kinase genes that have been cloned with a C-terminal YFP tag and promoter region into a Gatewa-entry vector.
- Yeast-TAP Tagged ORF library allows the purification and the selection of the yeast proteome and associated components using two affinity selection steps in tandem.
- The Molecular Barcoded Yeast (MoBY) ORF library was designed to identify genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae that confer drug resistance when mutated, providing a tool for identifying drug-resistant mutations in yeast.
- The Yeast GST-tagged ORFs are a a collection of more than 5,000 yeast strains that each overexpresses a different yeast open reading frame (ORF) when induced with galactose.
- The Yeast HA-Tagged Collection contains mutagenized yeast strains with triple hemagglutinin (HA) epitope tags, useful for immunolocalization, immunoprecipitation, and analysis of binding sites.
- The Yeast Barcoder Collection is a set of approximately 1,400 donor strains with unique DNA sequence tags (barcodes) that can be systematically transferred to any S. cerevisiae collection.
- The Yeast Knockout (YKO) Collection contains over 6,000 gene-disruption mutants as a unique tool for the functional analysis of the yeast genome.
- The Yeast Tet-Promoters Hughes Collection (yTHC) with 800 essential yeast genes under control of a tetracycline-regulated promoter permits experimental regulation of essential genes.
- Parental yeast strains for use with the Yeast Knockout (YKO) and other yeast collections.
Protein-Protein Interaction Collections
- The Yeast Protein Interactome Collection allows for genome-wide in vivo screening of protein-protein interactions (PPI) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- The Yeast Cross and Capture system is designed to examine protein-protein interactions and protein modifications using 6xHIS and VSV tagged haploid yeast strains.
Mutant Strains and Screening Collections
- The Yeast Insertional Mutant collection contains a set of over 3,600 gene disruption mutants for phenotypic analysis.
- Systematic mutations have been engineered into the Yeast Synthetic Histone H3 and H4 mutants in order to elucidate nucleosome functionality.
- Designed to facilitate comprehensive overexpression screens, the Yeast Genomic Tiling Collection contains the yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) genome in a 2 micron-based LEU2 vector.
- Reduce mRNA levels of essential yeast genes by four- to ten-fold with the Decreased Abundance by mRNA Perturbation (DAmP) Yeast Library.