TurboFect Transfection Reagent demonstrates greater flexibility and ease-of-use than products from other vendors.
Product protocols and usage recommendations were compared across many plasmid transfection reagents.
Comparison of reagents for plasmid transfection
DharmaFECT Transfection Reagents are specifically formulated for delivery of small RNAs.
Typical results demonstrate high efficiency with low cytotoxicity across a range of cell types and densities.
- Ideal for single-gene studies or high throughput siRNA screens
- Effective delivery for target silencing at low siRNA concentrations
- Low toxicity even at a broad range of experimental conditions for maximum experimental flexibility
- Four distinct formulations to enable optimization studies in novel cell types
DharmaFECT Transfection Reagent provides highly efficient delivery at low siRNA concentrations
HeLa cells were transfected with SMARTpool reagents targeting Cyclophilin B (PPIB) or MAPK1 at concentrations of 1, 5, 25, and 100 nM using DharmaFECT 1 and Competitor Q Reagents. mRNA expression (bars) was determined by branched DNA assay (Panomics Quantigene Reagent System) and cell viability (data points) was determined by alamarBlue® Reagent (Biosource International).
DharmaFECT Duo effectively delivers both plasmid and small RNA molecules.
The graph demonstrates successful co-transfection of plasmid (expressing Renilla luciferase; Rluc) along with a microRNA mimic or an siRNA targeting Rluc in a reporter system to assess microRNA function.
- Effective Rluc expression (Plasmid Alone and Plasmid + Control)
- Down-regulation of expressed Rluc by the microRNA mimic (Plasmid + miRNA mimic)
- Greater than 85% knockdown of Rluc expression by siRNA (Plasmid + siRNA)
DharmaFECT Duo effectively delivers both plasmid and small RNA molecules
The psiCHECK-2 vector (100ng/well; Promega) with cloned microRNA recognition sites for miR-28, miR-95, miR-30d and miR-105, respectively, were complexed alone or with RNAi reagents (10 nM) using DharmaFECT Duo (0.2uL/well) in MCF-7 cells at 10,000 cells/well (96- well plate). The RNAi reagents were Thermo Scientific miRIDIAN Mimics (Negative Control, miR-28, miR-95, miR-30d and miR-105, respectively) or siRNA (Renilla luciferase pool). Firefly and Renilla luciferase expression was assessed at 48 hours using the Dual-Glo Luciferase Assay System (Promega) and normalized to identically treated psiCHECK-2 empty vector.
TurboFect in vivo Transfection Reagent is highly effective for DNA plasmid delivery in vivo, while not inducing an inflammatory response.
TurboFect in vivo has been assessed for plasmid DNA delivery in both mice and rats and is suitable for DNA administration via various routes, including intravenous, intraperitoneal, and intratumoral injection.
- No detectable inflammatory response
- Successful plasmid delivery via multiple routes of administration
- Functionally tested in mice and rats
No prolonged inflammatory response after DNA delivery using TurboFect in vivo Transfection Reagent.
50 µg of plasmid DNA was delivered into female BALB/c mice via intravenous injection using TurboFect in vivo Transfection Reagent. The concentration of proinflammatory cytokine TNFa was determined by ELISA in blood serum samples taken at the indicated time points. (LPS; Lipopolysaccharides).